Thursday, April 12, 2007

My Space for the hip & trendy

My friend (and I may be using that term loosely here) Krista made me get a MySpace page. I had no choice she explained to me. You wanna be hip and trendy, you do MySpace. So, of course, I have a MySpace page. Im hip. Im trendy. Relatively speaking.

So now people I can't remember from high school send me messages to "reconnect". Did I mention that I can't remember them? And guys who I have never met (who are obviously trolling MySpace looking for hip and trendy chicks) drop me a line asking to be my "friend". My first instinct here is: uh-oh... a guy who cant afford Match.com's monthly fees? Though, in all fairness, I merely took my Match.com profile (excuse me...they are now called "portraits") and cut and pasted it into MySpace. Lets face it. I can't keep up with all those lies (um...embellishments) if I have to make up new ones each time I have to describe myself to people. Blah blah blah long walks on the beach blah blah candlelight dinners blah blah blahbittyblah ....but I digress (as usual)....

So... back to MySpace (which, btw, is www.myspace.com/arty_pb)... I can "pimp" my MySpace page but I cant seem to find a background that says who I am -- you know -- hip and trendy and I think that if I create my own that I have crossed some sort of MySpace addiction line -- giving this whole thing waaay more time than is really healthy. So my page is non-pimped. Un-pimped. Pimp-free.

It is also music free because I havent figured out how to add music yet. I did, however, figure out how to add pictures so there's a boatload of pictures (yes....many are from my match.com profile/portrait thing) for people to look at. I have pictures of my pottery, my dog, my friends, my dog's friends and my dog's pottery. Ok, I made that last one up. My dog's pottery pictures are on HIS myspace page...which is pimped...he's hipper and trendier than me.

No comments: