Friday, May 16, 2008

The girl in my shower last night....



OK... before you think this is going to become one of those smutty blog sites that I always threaten (promise?) to do... the girl in my shower wasn't really there. I mean she was there but she wasn't really a girl. Technically. Though she had a girlish quality. And while I think Krista, as the only cosmically, hip artsy fartsy girl I know, is the only one who will understand what this all means.... here is the story for the masses.

I was washing off a bad day... OK, bad week.... and in my haste to jump in the shower, had skipped the mandatory brushing out the snarls of my faux blondilocks. So as I am shampooing, I run my fingers through the snarls and end up removing a huge chunk o hair. (And no.. I am not sick and keeping that from you guys... this is normal for me). What to do..... what to do....? I didn't want all that hair to go down the drain so I -- and this is an odd confession I suppose-- stuck it to the shower door so that I could finish my shower and dispose of the dreaded locks upon my departure. (Note to self: research viability of marketing shower waste cans.) Now remember-- I have shampoo in my hair so I am closing my eyes and rinsing and whatnot and so I didn't notice her right away. About the time I get to the conditioner stage -- the point where you just stand there and count "one one thousand, two one thousand..." and let the slimey stuff do its thing and enjoy steamy water jetting onto your shoulders and slump against the cold tile -- I saw her! Her back to me. Looking over her shoulder. I grabbed my cellie and took a couple of pictures.

Look. Closer. Squint a little if you have to. Click on the pic to enlarge. You see her now? I didn't touch her up or move a hair(pun intended)! She was just there. And truth be told - I was so amazed at seeing her that I didn't - couldn't - throw her away until she dried and fell from the door.

And so now I want to draw. Or paint. Or do something creative. I mean there was a girl in the shower... a muse perhaps... that's a sign.... right? I am suppose to wash away the boringness of my mundane existence and allow the muse to inspire me. And so that is my goal now. Look for inspiration in everything including clumps o hair and be the artist that I know that I am. Everyday.

Oh and by the way, thanks for not asking why i had my cellphone in the shower with me....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get the little story thing (the parts that I actually read)but I dont see a hairy girl on your shower door. Maybe I should have another beer.

Peedles said...

You don't see it when you enlarge the picture? Hm...